News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
cURL error when Integrating the PHP SDK on my project
Tags: sdk
Dec 11, 2015 at 7:22am   •   14 replies  •  0 likes
er-express-fax

Hi,

I am Using RingCentral Connect Platform PHP SDK (https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php) to send fax messages, I get a curl error when i run the script. I have a developer account and testing the authenticate and Fax message and it works fine.

Error details:

Warning: curl_close(): 28 is not a valid cURL handle resource in <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\Client.php on line 104    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Invalid response string' in vendor\ringcentral\psr7\src\functions.php:478  Stack trace:  #0 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\ApiResponse.php(56): RingCentral\Psr7\parse_response('HTTP/1.1 0 OK??')  #1 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\Client.php(99): RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiResponse->__construct(Object(RingCentral\Psr7\Request), false, 0)  #2 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\Client.php(25): RingCentral\SDK\Http\Client->loadResponse(Object(RingCentral\Psr7\Request))  #3 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Platform\Platform.php(214): RingCentral\SDK\Http\Client->send(Object(RingCentral\Psr7\Request))  #4 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Platform\Platform.php(301): RingCentral\SDK\Platform\Platform->sendReq in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\erexpress\public\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\Client.php on line 44

Sample code (basically the sample code from - https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/blob/master/demo/fax.php):

<?php

use RingCentral\SDK\SDK;

require_once(__DIR__.'/vendor/autoload.php');

$credentials = require(__DIR__ . '/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/demo/_credentials.php');

// Authorize

$platform->login($credentials['username'], $credentials['extension'], $credentials['password']);

// Find Fax-enabled phone number that belongs to extension

$phoneNumbers = $platform->get('/account/~/extension/~/phone-number', array('perPage' => 'max'))

->json()->records;

print 'Fax Phone Number: ' . $credentials['username'] . PHP_EOL;

// Send Fax

$request = $rcsdk->createMultipartBuilder()

->setBody(array(

'to' => array(

array('phoneNumber' => $credentials['username']),

),

'faxResolution' => 'High',

))

->add('Plain Text', 'file.txt')

->add(fopen('https://developers.ringcentral.com/assets/images/ico_case_crm.png', 'r'))

->request('/account/~/extension/~/fax');

//print $request->getBody() . PHP_EOL;

$response = $platform->sendRequest($request);

print 'Sent Fax ' . $response->json()->uri . PHP_EOL;

14 Answers
answered on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:44am  
Hi Anil, 

We have resolved the issue we came across while trying to integrate Ringcentral PHP SDK. The issue was caused due to cURL SSL certificate issue.

Curl error: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed. Copied cacert.pem file and modified php.ini with the path to cacert.pem and it works.

Thank you for your support.

answered on Dec 30, 2015 at 4:22am  
Hi, 

Can we remove the header from the fax message :

"From: ER Express Fax Fax: (xxx) xxx xxxx     To:   Fax: +1(xxx) xxx-xxxx Page 1 of 1 12/30/2015"

answered on Dec 21, 2015 at 10:16pm  
Thank you Anil. That worked.

answered on Dec 21, 2015 at 6:00pm  
You could set the 'coverIndex' parameter as part of the body to 0 (none- no cover page ) for not displaying the cover page when you send a fax. 

Please take a look at our API Explorer to send Fax here :
http://ringcentral.github.io/api-explorer/#!/Messaging/v1_0_account__accountId__extension__extension...

answered on Dec 21, 2015 at 6:12am  
Hi,

Do we have an option of not displaying the cover page either through the PHP SDK or through the Ringcentral outbound fax settings?

answered on Dec 17, 2015 at 1:39am  
Created a pdf file and as suggested included it as an attachment. Works as expected

Thanks

answered on Dec 16, 2015 at 12:40pm  
You are trying to add HTML formatting to a plain text. You could try replacing the "<" and ">" symbols with "&lt" and "&gt" respectively but i suppose that would work with the text file. 

However, you could create a .pdf format file and you could have it included as your attachment before sending the fax.

answered on Dec 16, 2015 at 7:07am  
Hi,

Can you tell me how i can format the fax message into a proper content with bold and next line
eg:

->setBody(array(
'to'  => array(
array('phoneNumber' => '12672800722'),
'faxResolution' => 'High',))
->add('Plain Text <Br> <b> Hello </b>', 'file.txt')
Right now the content shows up in the fax message as such:
Plain Text <Br> <b> Hello </b>.
Can we have html formatting:
Plain Text 
Hello.

answered on Dec 15, 2015 at 12:17am  
Hi Anil,

I copied your code and tried to run it. 

Errors:

Error 1
 -  Fatal error: Class 'RingCentral\SDK\SDK' not found in  C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ringcentral-php-demo\app\authenticate.php on line  10

The vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php folder was empty, so i downloaded the zip file from  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php and pasted those files in the folder. The error disappears which leads to Error 2

Error 2 - 
Fatal error: Interface 'Psr\Http\Message\RequestInterface' not found in  C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ringcentral-php-demo\vendor\ringcentral\psr7\src\Request.php on line  13

answered on Dec 14, 2015 at 6:59pm  
I have created a sample Demo Application to Authenticate and send Fax . 

Please take a look at the file named " sendFax.php" in the Github Repo and you could modify the code accordingly within your application:

https://github.com/anilkumarbp/ringcentral-php-demo

answered on Dec 14, 2015 at 6:28pm  
The sandbox username is +18024486632. I tested the sandbox credentials on ringway API explorer : Send Fax. It works fine and I receive a fax.

answered on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:31am  
Could you please provide the Organization Name or the sandbox number with which you are using the developer platform, we could take a look at your account. 

answered on Dec 14, 2015 at 2:46am  
Hi Anil,

Thank you for your response. I did instantiate the SDK Object. Somehow missed pasting it in  sample code above. 

I get the same error when i substituted the reference code you provided

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Invalid response string' in vendor\ringcentral\psr7\src\ functions.php:478
Stack trace:
#0 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\ ApiResponse.php(56): RingCentral\Psr7\parse_response('HTTP/1.1 0 OK??')
#1 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\ Client.php(99): RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiResponse->__construct(Object(RingCentral\Psr7\Request), false, 0)
#2 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\ Client.php(25): RingCentral\SDK\Http\Client->loadResponse(Object(RingCentral\Psr7\Request))
#3 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Platform\ Platform.php(214): RingCentral\SDK\Http\Client->send(Object(RingCentral\Psr7\Request))
#4 <path_to_project>\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Platform\ Platform.php(301): RingCentral\SDK\Platform\Platform->sendReq in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\erexpress\public\vendor\ringcentral\ringcentral-php\src\Http\ Client.php on line 44
This error occurs when i try to call the  

// Authorize call
        $platform->login($credentials['username'], $credentials['extension'], $credentials['password'], true);

answered on Dec 11, 2015 at 11:00am  
Hi ,

Did you instantiate the SDK Object within the sample code that your are using to Authenticate and Send Fax :

Please include this code within your demo application :

// Create SDK instance
$rcsdk = new SDK($credentials['appKey'], $credentials['appSecret'], $credentials['server'], 'Demo', '1.0.0');
$platform = $rcsdk->platform();
If you take a lookat our Demo Folder within the SDK you would see a file named "_credentialsSample.json" . Please make sure you are using all the details on your sandbox account like appKey, appSecret and the credentials on your sandbox account etc. 

Also for your reference, i am providing a sample code below to Authenticate and Send Fax : 

$credentials_file = count($argv) > 1         ? $argv[1] : __DIR__ . '/_credentialsSample.json';

$credentials = json_decode(file_get_contents($credentials_file), true);

// Create SDK instance
        $rcsdk = new SDK($credentials['appKey'], $credentials['appSecret'], $credentials['server'], 'Demo', '1.0.0');
        $platform = $rcsdk->platform();
        // // Authorize
        $platform->login($credentials['username'], $credentials['extension'], $credentials['password'], true);

->setBody(array(
                     'to'         => array(
                         array('phoneNumber' => 'toNumber'),
                     ),
                     'faxResolution' => 'High',
                 ))
                 ->add('Plain Text', 'file.txt')
                 ->add(fopen('https://developers.ringcentral.com/assets/images/ico_case_crm.png', 'r'))    

$response = $platform->sendRequest($request);
        print_r("Request");
        print_r($response->request()-> getHeaders());
        print_r("Response");
        print_r($response->raw());

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us