News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Texting on Desktop App: Not working
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jan 9, 2019 at 11:13am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
liz-costa

My texting on the desktop application working intermittently today. Any suggestions? Not working now - or a few hours ago - was working in the interim though. Frustrating!

5 Answers
answered on Apr 7, 2020 at 6:17pm  
I don't know what I am doing wrong but in my "Phone" tab, there is a text tab but it only allows me to see tests sent to me which are none. Does NOT allow me to send a new text to anyone!

answered on Apr 6, 2020 at 1:00pm  
No, at my end the only choice I have is "Enter name or email". No option for entering phone number1

answered on Apr 3, 2020 at 10:05am  
I also am having trouble. There is no longer an option to send a new text. Only allows to enter a name or email address. How can I text from the desktop app now?

answered on Apr 3, 2020 at 12:08pm  
No....that does not allow me to send a SMS to a number NOT in my RC contacts. I am a doctor doing video tele-health calls with patients and I'd like to send them a link to get the app and join a meeting thru ringcentral SMS so that they don't see my personal phone number.

answered on Jan 11, 2019 at 11:01am  
Hey Liz, best thing to do would be start taking notes about when this is happening and open a case so we can look into it

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us