question

sean-baker13060 avatar image
sean-baker13060 asked saadetswift16514 answered

Stop recording on softphone

We have a number of our users that take card payments over the phone. We need a way to be able to stop recording on the call whilst they take the payment details. I have been told by support this is available on a physical phone but not on the soft phone. Will this be made available anytime soon ?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bond007dmc9787 avatar image
bond007dmc9787 answered
Sean,

Not sure what type of account you have, but there is an option of using *9 to start and stop recording of calls. There is no indication in the admin portal that it is limited to desk phones or any other type. For automatically recorded calls, the function is the same, but it looks like they call it "pause" and the box has to be checked to allow for it to work (as apparently opposed to the manually recorded calls). I have attached a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Hi Sean, 

It is a known issue with the softphone app right now. There is an open ticket for it with the product team and they are actively trying to get it fixed. When I have an update, I'll update this post! 
2 comments
1 |3000

amy-price10636 avatar image amy-price10636 commented ·
so to confirm, it stopped working? (because it worked prior for us)
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Amy, 

Yes, it stopped working and we're working on getting it back up and running! 
0 Likes 0 ·
onur-levent avatar image
onur-levent answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MASK option on RingCentral Desktop app. RingCentral UK
Building Supplies
Masking option from the RingCentral Desktop App 
Would like to be able to "MASK" the information for taking payments
Confidentiality
2 Digital Lines 
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Everyone! This is going to be fixed in our 11.0 release (barring any unforeseen issues). The roll out will begin in February, you can ask your Account Manager when your account is scheduled for the update
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app