question

mamerica13592 avatar image
mamerica13592 asked mamerica13592 answered

Routing a Fax notification e-mail

I created a shared mailbox in Office 365 to receive Fax notifications (and attached PDF's). I routed all incoming faxes in RS to use that mailbox. So far, so good. Is there a way to read some of the information from the header or cover sheet and route it from the shared mailbox to a department mailbox using MS Exchange Rules?

faxo365
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered
This is an Outlook Exchange question, not a RingCentral service question - but the answer is yes, just use the Outlook Exchange Rules and walk through the wizard, there is an option to filter by email header contents - you will probably need to make one rule for each department.  (ie. if email header contains xxxxx, then forward to department email address)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mamerica13592 avatar image
mamerica13592 answered
Thanks! I posted it here because I figured there are others that might want to know. Ill give it a try. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app