News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Dedicated location for software release announcements
Tags: community announcement
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:03pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
Chris Rosa

Does RC have a dedicated place where planned software releases are announced for Glip, Phone and Meetings (and even the platforms)? Ideally a blog format (with RSS) that's purely from the product teams and not mixed in with the rest of the RC user community. Some examples below.

I'm glad that there's a vibrant user community, and I can't wait to dive in, but I think it makes sense to have a bit of separation to make our admin jobs easier.

GSuite Updates Blog

Cloudflare Blog

UniFi Video Blog

Thanks

6 Answers
answered on Feb 5, 2019 at 9:50am  
Release notes for February 2019 were posted today at https://www.ringcentral.com/releases/ ! 

answered on Feb 4, 2019 at 10:33pm  
People want to be notified when there is a release. They don't want to have to hunt it down.

answered on Feb 4, 2019 at 4:32pm  
I'll bookmark that, but still appears more marketing/C-level oriented, and not geared towards admins. Also no way to subscribe that I can see, RSS or otherwise. See my sample links above.

Thanks

answered on Feb 4, 2019 at 5:31am  
It seems that those Release Notes are for November 2018.  Is that still the most recent release?  Thanks for all y'all do!  :-)

answered on Jan 31, 2019 at 2:15pm  
Hey Chris! We do have Release Notes that you can check out :) 

answered on Jan 31, 2019 at 6:34am  
Makes sense - I think it is part of a larger effort to elevate software management and deployment to an enterprise level documented in many other threads (e.g. making it easy see versions on the enterprise downloads). If I were RingCentral, I would round up 5 or 10 vocal customers, gather their input, and implement their suggestions where possible. They are almost all really easy low hanging fruit with big wins for low effort.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us