question

chris-farmer3699 avatar image
chris-farmer3699 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

VVX600 Assited Provisioning

I'm based in the UK and have just got a load of Polycom VVX600 phones to replace the desktop app, mainly as they are supported on RingCentral and our Bluetooth headphone work seamlessly with them.

The problem I have, is that none work guide the assisted provision steps. I have to use the manual process.

I have upgraded one phone to the very latest Polycom Firmware and still no joy.

Does the assisted process provide additional features/integration with the RingCentral server, that you do not get when manually provisioning them?

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered
Hello Chris,

When you look at the phones on the account are they labeled as a VVX600 phones or are they labeled as "Existing Device"?

If the phone is registered to our system and labled as a VVX600 then you have all the features for the phones. If they are registered as an "Existing Device" then the phone will not have full features.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-farmer3699 avatar image
chris-farmer3699 answered
Hi Nathan,

I tried both options, but when saying the model, using the assisted method, the phones would boot, but the line would have a red x on and it would also say that a configuration error:Missing Files,config, reverted/  So to get the phone to work, I have to select the other option.

If you have some diagnostic steps I could use, I willing to try the assisted method once again,
Thanks

Chris
1 |3000

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered
Hello Chris,

The VVX600 is not fully supported, but if we have a config file for it, it should work.

Try this for me, log into the phone's IP address and reset the phone to factory defaults if not already done. You can reset to factory by going to "Utilities", "Phone Backup and Restore", "Global Settings", "Restore".

Once the phone has been factory defaulted, go to "Settings", "Provisioning Server", Under the "Provisioning Server" tab set the "Server Type" as HTTPS, set the "Server Address" as pp.ringcentral.com/pp, make sure that the "Server User" and "Server Password" fields are empty so delete anything that you may see in there.

Then under the "DHCP Menu" tab set the "Boot Server" to Static. Once these settings are entered press Save at the bottom of the page.

You will have to set to phones from "Existing Devices" to VVX600's in order for this to work, make sure you enter the serial number of the phone correctly in the system.

Let me know if that works.
1 |3000

navid-rachman2060 avatar image
navid-rachman2060 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
My Polycom vvx410 is not functioning properly after I made some modifications on my RC account. I followed the above instructions.  When I make an outbound call from my Polycom, I get an immediate busy signal and the call drops after 2 seconds.  But at the same time, the call rings on the recipient's end, but when I pick up the call on my call phone, the ghost call drops immediately.

Please help.
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Navid, 

Check out this article for the Provisioning Guide for Polycoms. VVX410 is one of the phones that RC Support will help provision. If you need help beyond the guide, reach out to Support and they'll get you taken care of! :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app