question

Kevin Kelly avatar image
Kevin Kelly asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Cannot play the voice mail message because audio file is invalid

I get the following message when I click on the > (play) button. I can play messages on my Android phone but not my Win 10 laptop. "cannot play the voice mail message because audio file is invalid" Release: 10.3.5.34099

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
Just a quick observation...can you play other similar .wav files on your Windows 10 laptop? Also, some email applications (albeit very few) won't let you play an audio file from a message. They make you download the file from the email message to be able to play them.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kevin Kelly avatar image
Kevin Kelly answered
I mostly use VLC media player and don't have any problem with wav or other audio files. I'll try the download but as with email notification attachments, it may not stop the blinking light on the phone. Thx
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hmmm...I'm on the same version and Windows 10 but I don't have that issue. Is this happening for all messages, or just some?
1 |3000

Kevin Kelly avatar image
Kevin Kelly answered
Though on my computer for a few years, this is my first serious attempt to use the app. I've left myself about 5 messages from my cell and I get the same error message. If I save the message to my desktop and play it, it works fine. I'm waiting for an outside call I can ignore to see if the results are the same. KK
1 |3000

Keep an eye on it. I would also try a quick uninstall/reinstall just for good measure.
1 |3000

Kevin Kelly avatar image
Kevin Kelly answered
I removed the program, cleared the registry and reinstalled. No luck. I'll just keep an eye on this request to see if any other ideas pop up. Thx
1 |3000

You may need to have Support take a look!
1 |3000

Kevin Kelly avatar image
Kevin Kelly answered jessica-community-moderator commented
I did a search on this and it came to my old request. See what happens? I see a shiny object and go onto another subject for 5 months then try again. Still the same problem. I guess this is a rare problem.
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Kevin, 

Did you have a chance to create a tech support ticket? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app