News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Merging contacts between Phone and Glip apps
Tags: contacts
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:05pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
mark-bartoszek

Our customer service team has been using the Phone app pretty regularly to text our customers. They've been adding them in the contact directory to keep track. Going forward, they will also be using Glip for the team features. However, what they've noticed is that the customers they've texted before show up under the People section in Glip, but only their phone numbers, not their names. Why doesn't Glip pull the corresponding names from the Phone app? Or am I missing something?

3 Answers
answered on Mar 8, 2019 at 5:37am  
So I guess we will just have to use both apps. This really is an odd omission though. I also don't understand why they can't just have one app that does it all. Having all these apps is confusing and inconvenient. 

answered on Mar 7, 2019 at 4:48pm  
Unfortunately, lots of "little", and I use the term loosely, things like this abound. Makes no sense, but that's RingCentral. We've been trying to slowly switch over for the last year, and I've kind of mostly pulled the plug in the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately for us, it's been quite disastrous because of call quality issues and the buggy apps, both desktop and mobile. Now that more people are using it, the issues are rearing ugly heads. I'm still trying to keep an open mind that things will all work out, but most of the people in the company absolutely hate RingCentral right now. But, we're committed for the next year, so we need to figure things out if possible. As you've noted, contacts are horrible, as nothing seems to sync between the different apps and this should be a no-brainer.

answered on Mar 7, 2019 at 2:23pm  
I agree x 100!  This is incredibly frustrating and there is no way to change the "contact" in the Glip app.  Makes no sense!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us