News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Transferring Calls to Extensions
Tags: call forwarding
Aug 5, 2018 at 8:37pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
tristan-mitchell

Using an Australian account type. Using the RC Phone Application

When I receive an external call through our business line, If I try to transfer this to another extension in the Network it will not work. The call just goes back to myself as the first point of contact.

If somebody within our RC System calls my extension and I go to transfer the call to another extension, this works. Anybody know the reason behind my issue with external call transferring?

4 Answers
answered on Mar 11, 2019 at 2:16pm  
Hello Tristan, 
I am having the same issue, however we are having issues forwarding the call to an extension. 
Transferring the call works fine however the user needs to answer it, then transfer.

However, we do not wish to answer the call and would rather just forward the call back to the queue but just like your case when we forward to an extension it routes directly to the recipients voicemail, so far I have just been told to contact the support line, and havent received help on here. 

Let me know if you were able to find anything!  

answered on Aug 13, 2018 at 6:36am  
Hello Tristan,
The case you opened will help to identify any potential configuration issues. Depending on how the system was programmed, there could be a way to make changes to alleviate the symptom you are experiencing. I am not aware of other customers reporting the same problem which lead me to advise the opening of the case.

Thanks,
Justin Rampy 

answered on Aug 12, 2018 at 7:09pm  
Hi Justin,

I have opened a support case as well, I was just curious if anybody else is experiencing this issue.

UPDATE: I am using an iPhone 7 updated to the Latest iOS (11.4.1). Transferring calls seems to work on my personal phone (iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1).

answered on Aug 7, 2018 at 9:51am  
Hello Tristan,
I recommend to open a support case so this can be investigated. The account configuration should be looked at.

Thanks,
Justin Rampy

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us