question

fabian avatar image
fabian asked Bryan Ridgell answered

Howcan I BLOCK a Person that is spaming my Chat? On PC!

There is a Person on my Glip that is Spaming me all the Time with messages and i can't stop it... can somebody please help me?

contacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Have you tired looking at the list of all people and clicking the gear next to their name to see if you can remove them?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Fabian, 

There is no way to officially block someone on Glip right now-- you can open a case and explain the situation, and the spamming user may be able to be banned for violation of Terms of Service by the Support team. 
1 |3000

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

Not being able to Block a user on Glip is a huge shortfall - every other chat platform has that ability. Expecting to rely on compliance with  TOS to remediate this issue is not a valid solution.  

Please forward this thread to engineering team.  If they want to compete with Google chat, Skype, Slack to name a few - they have to upgrade the product to Enterprise usability.   

Because we need Enterprise-level administrative and security features including virus scanning of attachments, moderation of chat messages sent to groups, we have completely restricted the use of Glip on our network.  

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group 
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html
1 |3000

Bryan Ridgell avatar image
Bryan Ridgell answered
We would also like a block feature for users.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app