News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RC Softphone on Windows 10 error oxc0000018
Tags: ringcentral app
May 3, 2019 at 11:31am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
jon-rera

So I'm getting an error when trying to run the RC softphone, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018). Click OK to close the application." 90% of the time I try to open the app I get this error. I have replicated it on two separate machines as well, both running Windows 10. Is this a known issue?

8 Answers
answered on May 15, 2019 at 8:58am  

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

Since migrating 10% of our workstations to the updated RingCentral Phone 11.0 msi  (Desktop for Windows) app --- we are now experiencing the Polycom VVX500 deskphone ring anytime someone we monitored via the APP ---- even though in the settings we had them set NOT TO RING me anytime they receive make a call. 

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group 
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html

answered on May 15, 2019 at 2:41am  
Some of our users are also getting this error when updating to 11.0.1, via the MSI package. Have tried reinstalling the 10.3.5 MSI, but some still cant open it. We are still migrating to RingCentral, so not a show stopper yet.

answered on May 9, 2019 at 7:06am  
I would like to add my voice to this as well. I contacted technical support and they were able to provide a dll file that appears to have fixed the issue. How does something as major as this get publicly released? My understanding is it's happening with both Windows and Macs so it seems some major step in TESTING was completely missed by RingCentral! We're completing our migration to RingCentral in the coming week and this really makes me question our decision to move to RingCentral. The release of an actual functioning SoftPhone can't come soon enough. 

answered on May 7, 2019 at 8:52am  
Hi, I tried to un-installed and re-installed the application but it does not work. I cannot received on my PC phone calls or make phone calls. Can you please help? and let me know when the issue will be fixed? Thanks, Aurelie.

answered on May 3, 2019 at 12:39pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Just downloaded the newest version of softphone, now it won't open. So I was prompted to update to the newest version of the Ring Central softphone application for my desktop (workstation) and believing it would be better I did so. Now I'm getting Error Code 0xc0000018 "The application was unable to start correctly" and am given only the option to click ok to close the dialog box. This after an hour and half of installing, uninstalling, and troubleshooting the application directly from the Ring Central Support page. Any one else have this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

answered on May 6, 2019 at 9:21am  

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

A few troubleshooting things  you might look at -

1. Making sure all recipients are on the same rev and Build of Windows 10 

You can also press the Windows logo  key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK to find out which version of Windows your device is running.

2. Checking the event logs on the crashing ones
3. Checking your Windows Services logs to see if there are anything in a "stuck" status - or look for any disabled dependencies 

We have deployed the new version 11.0 RingCentral Phone Windows Desktop MSI version now to about 10% of our 2287 users without issue.  

You can also press the Windows logo  key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK to find out which version of Windows your device is running.

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group 
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html

answered on May 3, 2019 at 12:54pm  
Hi all, we are aware of this issue and investigating it. Right now, you will have to downgrade to the prior version. So, do open a case and include JIRA NOC-125474 and support will tag it appropriately and get you the prior version.

answered on May 3, 2019 at 12:02pm  
Some more info, I downloaded an older version of the RingCentral Phone app, version 10.3.5.34099 and it works fine, the issues appear to be tied to the latest version of the app

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us