question

david-chalmers16352 avatar image
david-chalmers16352 asked david-chalmers16352 commented

How can I shadow calls on RingCentral?

I want to call someone and have a colleague listen in, unannounced. To be used for training new telesales reps and monitoring trainees. The person being called should not know someone else is listening to the call

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dan-davis10000 avatar image
dan-davis10000 answered david-chalmers16352 commented

I believe you have to have the Call Center subscription w/Ring Central.  Added costs.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bill Marzahn avatar image Bill Marzahn commented ·

I'm not a RingCentral user... yet. However I do know Plantronics headsets having used them for nearly 18 years. Plantronics sells a "Y" connector that is perfect for this purpose. The trainer and trainee set side by side at a call center phone. This unit has a mute switch for the trainee's mic so he or she can listen without being heard.
0 Likes 0 ·
david-chalmers16352 avatar image david-chalmers16352 commented ·
Thanks, have used this in previous life but was hoping we could do it without buying new hardware
0 Likes 0 ·
brad-giannini10726 avatar image
brad-giannini10726 answered
In the Admin Portal, if you're enabled, you should see Groups on the Left under the Phone System tab.  There should be a second menu in there for Call Monitoring.  You'd setup your users to monitor and who can be monitored there.  When they want to monitor the trainee, just dial *80 and then the extension to monitor.  This can be done from a desk phone, soft phone or the mobile app.  The Trainee and the other party do not hear you.  *81 will allow whisper coaching and *82 will allow barging into the call.  
The end users get notification when this feature is turned on or off.  
read more hear.
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/8086

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app