question

Jean Kammler avatar image
Jean Kammler asked Jean Kammler answered

Change the fax notification tone on desk top phone

How do you change the new fax notification tone on a desk top phone? It make a loud, horrible & disturbing noise that is not a ring tone.

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Kam, 

Are you referring to your physical phone on your desk, or the RingCentral phone app on your computer? You're able to change the ringtone in settings on the phone app, but I don't believe you can change the fax tone. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jean Kammler answered
The physical phone on my desk....unfortunately. 
1 |3000

Ah gotcha, that would depend on the specific desk phone model. It wouldn't be tied to your RC account or anything I believe. 
1 |3000

Jean Kammler answered
It never did this until we had the RC account.  
1 |3000

I confirmed that when receiving a fax, you should get a warble noise, the same noise you hear when you get a voicemail. If you have the phone number set to Voice Only, our servers aren't going to be transcoding the fax message, and then you will hear a screeching noise if you pick up the call.
1 |3000

Jean Kammler answered
Thank you.  I'm sure its supposed to be the warble noise ...only its hardly a warble.  Closer to horrible garble. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app