question

charley-garrison avatar image
charley-garrison asked saadetswift16514 answered

Call out ont the app Extentions

One of our locations is in the 100 of extensions. We would like to be able to call these numbers from our app on our phone. As of right now the app things we are trying to dial out.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

charley-garrison answered
I would like to be able to dial an ext. from the ring central app. Our extensions are in the 100 range and when you go to dial the ext. on the app the app thinks you are dialing 1 to call out. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Charley, are you receiving an error message? Is there a reason why you're not leveraging the Contacts section under the RC app since you're calling internally?

Do you have any screen shots you can share?
1 |3000

1 |3000

This is what it looks like if I want to dial ext. 101
1 |3000

it does now yes.
1 |3000

Hey Charley, if you tap the green button, does it dial the extension number? 
1 |3000

Hey Charley, I don't quite follow. Could you provide a more clear example of what's going on?
1 |3000

Hey Charley, are you by chance trying to dial a Limited Extension? I tested and have no issues dialing an extension that starts with 1
1 |3000

Ok good! Because you're starting out from the dial pad, the app is waiting to see if you have more numbers you want to type in. However, it recognizes that you've only typed in an extension number once you click the green button. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app