question

it-help avatar image
it-help asked tak-it1 answered

Multiple caller ID company names

Is is possible to have multiple main company numbers? The company I work for is a parent company for 6 subsidiary companies. We are using the contact center and have build outbound skills that have the caller ID of some numbers we own in Ring Central. The problem is all of these numbers have our parent company name on the caller ID. Ideally, I want to have the numbers associated with different subsidiary companies to reflect that company's name on the caller ID. I have enabled the multi-site feature in Ring Central but all the numbers still show our parent company's name on the Caller ID. I believe I need to have multiple main company numbers and publish them in the national directory or publish the individual numbers for the subsidiary companies. How can I have different company names show up on the caller ID using one Ring Central account?

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered
I'm not entirely certain how the integration with the contact center functions, but if you are looking to achieve this via multi-site, then yes, it can be done.

If you have already activated multi-site, then you just need to allocate each of the numbers you wish to reflect with a specific CNAM tied to that site. So, for "Company 1" you would use "Company 1" as the Caller ID Name, "Company 2" would use "Company 2" as the Caller ID Name and so on. Once that is completed, you would then associate users/DIDs to specific sites that need to make calls using a different CNAM.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app