question

ted-cart avatar image
ted-cart asked saadetswift16514 commented

UTC and GMT time zones differ

When I click on the Ring Central Meetings "Schedule" icon, it takes me to the app which shows me the Time Zone as (GMT-4:00) Eastern Daylight Time. If I click on that link, it shows my current Time Zone as - (UTC-5:00) Eastern Time - all of the optional Time Zones are one hour off UTC and GMT. My Outlook meeting times are correct, but RC sends me the notices for the meeting to start one hour before the actual time. Why is the UTC and GMT time setting showing different times? The "Schedule a new meeting" window is correct, but the alert is incorrect.

Software version - 7.0.16356.0308 - chatted with support and they said to uninstall/reinstall.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jim-wilhelmsen14176 avatar image
jim-wilhelmsen14176 answered saadetswift16514 commented
I am experiencing a time discrepancy as well using a Pulse Alert.  I set it to our time zone in Pacific/Los Angeles, but the time that is showing in the Alert of off by 7 hours.  I set it to GMT 0 time and it is still off.  Not sure how to get a correct time.  I put an example of the alert, the setting in Pulse, and the time from that Master Contact ID in Contact History.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Jim, I don't have any experience with Pulse for Contact Center. So I would suggest talking with Tech Support :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Ted, could you provide some screen shots? It will help me to get a better picture of what's going on
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app