question

julie-sperritt14073 avatar image
julie-sperritt14073 asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Disabling functionality within the Ring Central Outlook Plug in

Although the outlook plug in appears to be very useful, we have a number of users who find it confusing, especially as we can't use the dialler/softphone in our Citrix environment.

Are there any settings to be able to disable/hide functions that we don't want to release to our users at this point in time?

For example:

Removing dialler

setting meeting scheduler as default landing

disable "launch meeting"

disable start call

We want all users to be able to schedule a conference call or meeting within outlook.

The outlook plug in has not passed testing as it does not appear to populate the invite (even though "meetings" is open and scheduling the meeting through "meetings" populates an outlook invite!)

We would prefer to use the full plug in as ideally some users would have full functionality and some would have limited functionality - but we would use the meetings plug in if necessary and it worked.

UK account of 250 users.

Hope someone can help!

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

samudrabhuyan avatar image
samudrabhuyan answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered julie-sperritt14073 commented
Hey Julie, I looked around and I don't see any way to turn off access to certain functionality within the Outlook Plugin
1 comment
1 |3000

julie-sperritt14073 avatar image julie-sperritt14073 commented ·
Thanks Saadet. This is a great plugin but since we can't use softphones the dialler will confuse people I think. I think we will have to use the meetings plugin - which is a shame as it's just not as clean and nice to use!
0 Likes 0 ·
iventure-admin avatar image
iventure-admin answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
I have a question the. I want to use the functionality of the Conference call, NOT Meeting. When I select "Launch Conference", I get a browser not supported error. I have done all the checking in the web browsers to enable audio in them, but still receive the error. How do I enable the conference functionality in Citrix?

Thanks!
3 comments
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Unfortunately, we don't support a Citrix environment, but if you'd like to share a screenshot, we can investigate further. 
0 Likes 0 ·
iventure-admin avatar image iventure-admin commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
If you cant make outbound calls via web client in your Citrix environment, you'll need to use a different OS or a physical device.
At this time, we do not support nor recommend the use of a VDI environment with our apps.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app