News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can't hear caller
Tags: phone
Feb 4, 2019 at 12:04pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
williams12345

We receive a lot of calls where there is silence on the other end. We have simultaneous ringing set up going to two different numbers, but both of us are seeing this problem.

5 Answers
answered on May 5, 2020 at 2:52pm  
I can't hear anything, inbound or outbound. So frustrating - can't use the app at all right now. All my other apps work fine! Zoom, Hangouts, Teams, but it is dead air on RingCentral. This has to work or the app has to go!

answered on May 4, 2020 at 5:33pm  
I just posted this same thing on another thread. Has anyone found a solution? We, too, have simultaneous ringing to multiple phones. 

Is this still an issue with anyone? We receive these calls all day long where nobody is on the other line. We will sometimes wait several minutes to see if the call is being transferred to a call center or something, just to see if it's even a telemarketing call. However nobody ever comes to the line. We've even called several numbers back to find they are not legit numbers.

A while ago we had settings that were not correct and when we couldn't hear anyone on the other line, we would hang up and they would immediately call back. None of these callers call us back so we think it's not a setting. 

They all have caller ID, most of the times it's a city/state with a phone number but oftentimes there is a name and a number. 

I know of the tactic to determine if a number is legit in order to then give the number to telemarketers, but we don't end up getting many telemarketers, so it doesn't make sense.

We are going to try adding a layer where the caller has to press 1 to reach someone. Currently, the calls ring the whole office simultaneously without any layers in between. 

answered on Aug 16, 2019 at 8:11am  
We are having the same problem and we do not have any advanced call handling rules in place on any of our phones. Also our QoS shows green across the board and I went back a couple of weeks when this all started. 

answered on Aug 11, 2019 at 5:58pm  
me too. same problem

answered on Feb 4, 2019 at 12:07pm  
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-02-04 The first thing to check when you have dead-air (silence) and an advanced call handling rule, turn of the rule temporarily and log the next few calls to see if this is causing it.     

Another thing you may need to review your network settings as it could be a QOS issue due to misconfigured equipment settings. https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/9797?language=en_US

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us