question

taylor-gregory avatar image
taylor-gregory asked J.B. Ferguson commented

The customer name is not populating when I receive a call

When I receive a call, the customer name is not populating. I'd just like to add their name for future conversations but I don't know how to do this. Can you assist?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Liam Zhang avatar image
Liam Zhang answered J.B. Ferguson commented
You shall be able to tap the little "info" icon on the call log next to the number you want to add a name to it, a number profile page will open, you can then create a new contact for the number.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
The setting you are referring to won't disconnect the caller if they don't say their name. It on'y let's you identify the caller and let you choose whether or not to answer it.  The original poster essentially wants the cal disconnected if there is no words spoken or an option isn't entered on an IVR.

The prompt on it says, "Turn on this option when you want callers to announce their name before continuing to connect the call. This option lets you identify the caller so you can pick up the call immediately. After turning on this option, go to Call Handling & Forwarding > Settings > Incoming Call Information to set your preferences."

The Call Handling & Forwarding doesn't give that option to disconnect either.
1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app