question

Chris Dennick avatar image
Chris Dennick asked shelly-roth5155 commented

How can I get my Outlook calendar to sync with Glip?

I want to get my Outlook calendar to sync with Glip, so that Glip will automatically set my availability based on meetings I have in my Outlook calendar.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Cloksin,

Simply have this setting up and it should work!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chris Dennick answered
This did not work.  All this did is give me a "my Calendar" and a teams calendar.  There is nothing jumping out at me to actually connect to my Outlook calendar.
1 |3000

Chris Dennick answered saadetswift16514 commented
Calendar Connections - manage your calendar connections to Office 365 and Google.

When I click on the manage button I get two options, office 365 calendar and google calendar.  If I click on the connect button I get a black window with a spinning circle and text that says please wait.  It does this for about 5 minutes and then tells me it could not connect.

It never asks me for credentials to actually access a calendar, so there is no way it will ever connect to anything.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hmmmm....something wonky going on there. I didn't have any issues. I'd suggest chatting with Tech Support so they can look into why it's not pulling your Office 365 account up
0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Dennick answered Chris Dennick commented
After talking to my sales rep, it looks like this is a beta feature, and not available to the general public yet.
2 comments
1 |3000

Chris Dennick avatar image Chris Dennick commented ·
I am on version 19.9.1 (E. 2.0.14) Build 1144 (rev. d1c83ca) and the edit button next to meeting settings does nothing, and when I click manage next to calendar connections it just says please wait and spins, then says the calendar failed to be connected.  Exactly the same way before I updated the app.

1 Like 1 ·
Hey Cloksin, this is now available for everyone :) Sorry about that, I think the release got pushed back a few days or something
0 Likes 0 ·
ted-jaffe192 avatar image
ted-jaffe192 answered shelly-roth5155 commented
Hi All!  Ability to sync Outlook Office 365 calendar with the app is now officially released on the desktop and web app.  Just click on the "Meet" page in the bottom left navigation and set up your calendar.  The presence will sync automatically.

PS: We also support Google Calendar too! :)

Best always,
Ted
5 comments
1 |3000

It is working today, and I haven't done anything different
1 Like 1 ·
This is still not working

0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Cloksin, I synced up with the Glip Support Team who has created a case for you and will contact you soon :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Glad it's working! 
0 Likes 0 ·
shelly-roth5155 avatar image shelly-roth5155 commented ·
Can you screen shot this?  I am not seeing where this "meet" page is located???
0 Likes 0 ·
casey-culler avatar image
casey-culler answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Why is outlook not showing up on the mobile app.  I was able to integrate on the desktop, but it is not showing my work e-mail on the mobile side
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Casey, 

What are you seeing when you go to your profile - then calendar sync and allow calendar access? Can you post a screenshot? 
0 Likes 0 ·
vanishree-shivanna avatar image
vanishree-shivanna answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
Its not working to me as well, After enterign my outlook365 account credentials its giving me this error {
  "error" : "unexpected HTTP status: 404 Not Found",    "service" : "CIS"  

1 comment
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Vanishree, this bug should be sorted by the end of this month!
We appreciate your patience as we move toward that!
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Conroy avatar image
Michael Conroy answered ted-jaffe192 commented
Hi, I am getting errors in the same area, but different result. When I try to connect to Outlook Calendar I get a popup RC Window "Signing in to your account" with this error:
{    "errors" : [ {      "errorCode" : "CIN-106",      "message" : "External error: [MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI] REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox.",      "externalCode" : "MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI",      "externalMessage" : "REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox"    } ] 
}

Support has had this for two weeks and no real response yet.
1 comment
1 |3000

ted-jaffe192 avatar image ted-jaffe192 commented ·
Mike - there is an issue with your Microsoft account.  Please see this response from Microsoft about the error (comes from their API response when we try to call their system:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/4462988/rest-api-is-not-yet-supported-for-this-mailbox-error)

Recommend you work with Microsoft to resolve it, should work after its resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
What options do you have under the Calendar section?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app