News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Updating a profile on the app?
Tags: app administration
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:36am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Brad Prescott

Anyone that I have sent a text to via the app is just showing their phone number. There doesn't seem to be an option to update the profile anywhere that I have found. Is this possible?

1 Answer
answered on Aug 4, 2019 at 8:16am  

They are SMS messages sent from those numbers to your RingCentral number. You need to login your RingCentral account (https://service.ringcentral.com) and add those numbers as your personal contacts.

However, right now, only the RingCentral mobile app takes the Personal contact. Thus, once a number is added to your RingCentral personal contact, you will see the name of that person instead of the phone number on your RingCentral mobile app.

For some reason, the RingCentral desktop (Mac OS and Windows) app does not take the Personal contact and that is why it just shows the phone number. I will check with the dev team to see how to fix this and make it available in the next release.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us