question

james-bradd12701 avatar image
james-bradd12701 asked amechi-amanugi answered

Mic volume reset to zero in RingCentral Meetings/RingCentral Meetings embedded on OSX Mojave

Has anyone else run into issues recently with RingCentral Meetings/RingCentral Meetings Embedded on OSX where the mic continually resets to zero? Not sure when this started but it's happening on a few different models.

So far we've tried:

• Deleted p-lists and reinstalled
  • Verified application is permitted microphone access
  • Turned on original sound
  • Uninstalled RingCentral Meetings and just used RingCentral Meetings embedded

Feel like this just started within the last few weeks and was not an issue originally with Mojave. My hunch was some kind of internal echo cancellation but that doesn't seem configurable and it would seem like turning on Original sound should circumvent that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

samudrabhuyan avatar image
samudrabhuyan answered samudrabhuyan commented
Hi James,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have identified a bug in the latest release that impacts some Mac OSX Mojave users, and are working on a fix. 

Are you noticing this only on the RCM Embedded (RC App) or also on the RCM standalone app? 
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

james-bradd12701 avatar image james-bradd12701 commented ·
Samudra,

I just confirmed with one of my engineers (a mac user reporting this) that it's happening only on the embedded app.  Thank you for the quick response!  Do you have any info on a workaround (we'll probably just tell people to use the standalone client) or when to expect a patch?
0 Likes 0 ·
samudrabhuyan avatar image samudrabhuyan commented ·
This is being fixed in our next release (~2 weeks). Thanks for your patience! 
0 Likes 0 ·
samudrabhuyan avatar image samudrabhuyan commented ·
@James Which headset configuration are you using? Do you face the problem with wired headsets as well? 
0 Likes 0 ·
amechi-amanugi avatar image
amechi-amanugi answered
I have confirmed that this is happening in the embedded app. I have OneOdio Studio Wireless C Y80B Headphones. Once I closed the newer RingCentral app and go back to RingCentral Meetings app it works fine.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app