question

jon-kennedy avatar image
jon-kennedy asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Calls forwarded to smart phones often do not ring or cannot be picked up

We have several groups set up within RingCentral.

All users have calls forwarded to their mobile phones.

Multiple users within these groups report issues with receiving calls.

The following problems occur regularly (at least daily)...

(1) Call does not ring at all on the forwarded smart phone (however the call does show up as a "missed call" in the RingCentral reporting features).

(2) Call rings, but pressing "1" to accept the call does nothing. The call cannot be picked up.

(3) Call rings briefly (one or two rings), despite our sequential settings that rotate the active user every 15 seconds.

We opened a case for this issue 4 days ago.

No one from Ring Central has contacted us, despite the message that we would be contacted in 1 business day.

Chat sessions to Ring Central say "an agent is on the way".

I've abandoned two (2) chat sessions after what I determine to be excessive wait time.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with RingCentral, as our business is taking a hit from the increasing numbers of missed calls and NO help from RingCentral customer support.

Very frustrating!!

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Jon, 

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything back from support about your case! I'm taking a look now to make sure it gets addressed. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jon-kennedy avatar image
jon-kennedy answered
It has now been 7 days since we submitted this concern, and no one from Ring Central has contacted us. Since the problem persists, our frustration level is rising.

1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Jon, I'm really sorry for this experience! That's super frustrating :( I've sent your case to our Executive Response Team who will be contacting you once they've reviewed the case details :)
1 |3000

luis-mondragon avatar image
luis-mondragon answered
Why not call the customer and get the details from them?  At least they would get the feeling their concern is being taken somewhat seriously.
1 |3000

cheryl-m avatar image
cheryl-m answered J.B. Ferguson commented
I am having the same issue!  I have wasted so many hours with different reps trying to get this fixed and nothing.  They have tried numerous work arounds.  The latest was to have me download the old app and try using it.  Still did not work.  Any one recommending other phone service besides Ring Central?
1 comment
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
There are other good ones out there but it depends on your needs. I offer free VoIP consultation services if you'd like to contact me. BTW, I am also a certified RingCentral partner too.
https://calendly.com/webcommsolutions/discovery
0 Likes 0 ·
kristin-brillantes avatar image
kristin-brillantes answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
I've been having this same issue since August. I've spent hours with technical support troubleshooting and provided them all the info they need over and over but nothing is fixed. But the most frustrating thing is that the level 2 support people, as well as the supervisors and managers, are rude, unprofessional couldn't care less! I've had it and dialed cancelation just to be routed back to tech support. What the hell is wrong with your call center?
1 comment
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Kristin, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience, but I have someone working to reach out to you to help.

Please reach out via community.support@ringcentral.com if we can help further. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app