News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Polycom Phones first two lines are user
Tags: hardware
Oct 17, 2019 at 7:58am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
lacie-mcabee

I have premium account with 4 phones, 4 users. I added presence to all phones. The phones I am using are Polycom VVX250. There are 4 lines on the phone. When I changed the line options to 1, the user is labeled on line 1 of the phone, lines 2 and 3 show 2 other users, but line 4 is blank. How do I get the 4th user to show up on the phone on line 4?

3 Answers
answered on Nov 8, 2019 at 11:39am  
Hi Lacie, the first two slots will always be the User's name. This is so that you have more than one spot to put a call on hold. I'm not sure why the other lines are not showing up but it could be that the user doesn't allow others to add them to Presence. I would check with Support to see what might be keeping your phone from displaying everyone properly :)

answered on Nov 8, 2019 at 10:49am  
When I check presence, it lists the user as the first two lines, and it will not let me change that.  For example, it shows line 1 as Lacie McAbee, line 2 as Lacie McAbee, line 3 as Stacy, and line 4 as Lauren, and line 5 as Southaven Office on presence.  On the actual phone, it shows line 1 as Lacie McAbee, line 2 as Stacy, and line 3 as Lauren. Nothing is on line 4 on the phone.  I want line 1-Lacie, line 2-Stacy, line3-Lauren, and line 4-Southaven Office on the phone

answered on Oct 30, 2019 at 9:19am  
Hey Lacie, have you checked to verify that your Presence is set up properly? :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us