question

Cathy Walcott avatar image
Cathy Walcott asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Blocked number still calling WHY???

I too have blocked several numbers from ROBO callers and they still keep calling into our Ring Central phones. I thought that when a number is blocked they would never be able to call you again, until the number is unblocked. Why is this happening only with Ring Central??? My home phone and cell phone block numbers just as they are supposed to do, but not Ring Central. There has to be a way to make this work properly

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Cathy, are you recognizing the same numbers or are the calls from different numbers?
If it is the same, there may be an issue with the blocking function.
Please advise.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cathy Walcott avatar image Cathy Walcott commented ·
It is the same numbers over and over again.  Some of them don't even show up on the call log.  I've been blocking phone numbers of the call log.  Is this the wrong place to be blocking phone numbers?
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Can you confirm if you are blocking the number from the 101 main extension? Like Cecile mentioned below, this is what applies the block to your whole account. 
0 Likes 0 ·
cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-11-19  In case you were not aware of it, it is possible you are not BLOCKING it from the correct spot.

If you block it from the 101 "main extension" box - it blocks it globally to all numbers in your account.   If you do not block it from that spot, it will only block it to the extension where you chose to block it from.

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html

1 comment
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for mentioning this too, Cecile!

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app