question

mike-garcia avatar image
mike-garcia asked bond007dmc9787 answered

Can't disable or lower the volume of bell that sounds when meeting attendees join the meeting

I have been using Ring Meetings for a few years now and I believe my hearing has been damaged due to the very loud bell that sounds when someone joins the ring meeting I am hosting.

Problem: I cant find any settings to lower the volume of or disable the very loud bell that sounds when someone joins my meetings. I typically have to manually lower my computer headset volume before I start the meeting to prevent the loud bell sound from further damaging my ears. I can lower my computer / headset volume but then I can not hear the meeting attendees. If I raise the volume and someone joins the call late, then I am assaulted by that loud bell.

I have used several different headsets, computers, Mac and PC and connected by calling as well as using computer audio. All had the same result, a too loud bell.

I am hoping that i have overlooked the setting to fix this, or I am not aware of a good work around.

Please assist.

Thank you!

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bond007dmc9787 avatar image
bond007dmc9787 answered
I posted a reply to something similar a while back. Follow this link and see if it what I suggest here helps you...

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/separate-call-volume-control-needed
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app