question

froelich avatar image
froelich asked Moshe Adelman answered

Status continues to show "offline" even though it has been changed to "available" many times - why and how do we fix?

We have a user who's status shows as "offline" even though she has repeatedly changed it to "available". She has logged and back in and it still will not budge from "offline". How can we fix this?

presence
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michele-palulis avatar image
michele-palulis answered
Yep same..I did have an update last night but even after that it is still an issue.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shirley-roll avatar image
shirley-roll answered
I have the same problem. My status keep changing to invisible. This is my app version Version: 19.12.1 (E. 5.0.12), Build: 7 (rev. 825554e5). I am using windows desktop.

1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
If you're experiencing this issue, please open a case with our Tech Support team. 

1 |3000

Moshe Adelman avatar image
Moshe Adelman answered

I had this issue, and I talked to support I talked to collogues looked everywhere online, I GOT THE ANSWER!

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/496/blf-on-yealink-phones.html

This answer indirectly answered it for me!

I figured this out when I added a new shortcut on the phone and his original status was working, but the new one wasnt!

well it is all because of the "blf" number in value!

custom-resized-581ea671-a58a-4cd1-aa6b-cafec5ecb75.jpeg

I noticed instead of the extension number in value, it showed a blf number. Now I needed to find that blf number, and that is where that article came in handy!

to find it simply log into your admin --> go to users --> Select the user in the list, now look at the URL, it will say https://service.ringcentral.com/application/users/users/default/xxxxxxxxxx. Those x's are the number you need! Simply put blfxxxxxxxxxx into the value section and viola! you will now be able to see the statuses!!!!!

blf.png

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app