question

hue-tang2249 avatar image
hue-tang2249 asked simon-c answered

ringcentral with plantronics savi 7xx headset

i use a plantronics savi 7xx headset with my ringcentral account. this headset allows me to simultaneously connect both my desk phone and the softphone on my computer. i can pickup and initiate calls on either the desk phone or the softphone, routing audio through the headset. but there is a problem that i cannot figure out. outgoing calls initiated on the softphone makes me sound robotic. incoming calls sound fine, according to the person on the other end of the line. it's only when i make an outgoing call with the softphone that i sound robotic to the other person. does anyone have the same experience? and if yes, have you figured out a solution?

thanks.

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sherri-rodriguez10861 avatar image
sherri-rodriguez10861 answered
As update.  I was told by a tech support representative that they believe this issue of the robotic calls to be fixed as of the 10.2 and 10.3 versions.  It has not been fixed for us.  Anyone else still having these issues? The Jabra headset we tested did not work for us.  We lost the ability to use the Call controls from the headset, so Plantronics is still our only option it seems to get full integration and functionality. And the Savi series are the only ones with the range we need in our office. Any and all advice appreciated.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ali-syed1 avatar image
ali-syed1 answered ali-syed12985 commented
We are still having tons of issues with ringcentral and plantronics headset robotic sound. 

3 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Ali, I would suggest working with Plantronics and seeing if they have any recommendations about what might be causing it :)
0 Likes 0 ·
sherri-rodriguez10861 avatar image sherri-rodriguez10861 commented ·
We completely removed the Plantronics Hub and use the headsets without it.  The robotic sound goes away, so it is something with the integration and compatibility of the two softwares.  With that we lose the option to hang up and answer calls with the headsets which is very frustrating since we paid for the headsets and moved to Ring Central based on being told it would work.  We just gave up on Ring Central and Plantronics being able to fix it.  
0 Likes 0 ·
ali-syed12985 avatar image ali-syed12985 commented ·
Saadet, I think this is something RingCentral and Plantronics should collaborate and address. The built in integration with Plantronics is an integration between your platform and Plantronics and it makes no sense for us to try to troubleshoot it with one of the parties.
0 Likes 0 ·
simon-c avatar image
simon-c answered
We are also experiencing this issue as of today, 12/30/2019. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app