News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Add external number (Virtual receptionist service) to Queue
Tags: call queues
Feb 11, 2019 at 11:39am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
martin12345678

I am looking at signing up for a virtual receptionist service to take calls when I am unable to instead of the call going to voicemail. I am in their trial period right now, but cannot seem to get it to work. Ideally, I want it to try me first, then if I don't pick up, it forwards the call to the external number which was assigned to me by the service.

I added a new user without a phone to my account and assigned that external number to them, then added that user to my queue. But the calls are not being sent to them when I don't pick up, it just tries me again.

3 Answers
answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:35pm  
Hi Martin, if you haven't gotten this working yet - I would recommend you setup a new extension for the external number.  Add the new extension to your call queue.   Setup the extension to forward to the external number immediately (no message, etc.)

answered on Feb 11, 2019 at 7:39pm  
That does not seem to work. I have team members with extensions. The main number goes to auto-receptionist and if the caller doesn't enter an extension number for one of us, it goes to the call queue, which is me and the other team members currently. I want to put the external number in as a queue member in case none of us are available to pick up. I put the external number as my second phone number to ring if I don't answer in 3 rings, but that did not work.

answered on Feb 11, 2019 at 12:08pm  
HI Martin,  I would keep it simple and not setup a separate extension for the reception service.  Instead, you should have an extension already setup for your main phone number.  In that extension's call handling just add the new reception number in the list of how to handle your calls. (eg. first ring your desktop and mobile app, then your cell phone, then your virtual-reception-service)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us