question

thanh1 avatar image
thanh1 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Change email address domain in the standalone version of Glip

I started testing Glip with a personal email account, and that test has been successful. I would now like to move my Glip to my new company's domain. I have a lot of conversations already, and don't want to lose that history. I have been able to update the company name, but I cannot change the email address domain.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

thanh1 avatar image
thanh1 answered
A similar question was poster about a year ago, which resulted in a ticket being created to assist:
https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/changing-the-email-domain-for-stand-alone-glip-and-our-individual-email-addresses
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered
I just completed a POC with RC and transitioned from a test company and domain to the actual company and real domain as a new RC customer. Changing company named seemed easy at first DIY, but I had to ensure the change was made everywhere, and that it was also implemented by RC behind the scenes with Billing and Support who still continued to make all references to the test company and not the real company. 

When it came to domain name change I.e. from testco.com to realco.com I had to escalate a case within RC Support over to specific GLIP Support and then from there to GLIP engineering who implemented the change. 

Hope this helps.   
1 |3000

thanh1 avatar image
thanh1 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Arun, thanks for the extra detail!
I will also try to reach out to the Glip support team.
3 comments
1 |3000

thanh1 avatar image thanh1 commented ·
I only have the standalone version of Glip, and don't have a RingCentral account. How can I create a case?
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Thanh, 

Arun is spot on! Please create a case. 

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
You'll need to call into support and open a case. They'll be able to escalate to the Glip team :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app