News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call Monitoring HUD on mobile phone work around - need to answer calls from another ext on my cell and identify them as calls to that ext.
Tags: hud
Feb 25, 2020 at 11:50am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
jay.avery

I think we all want the capability that the RC Phone HUD has on our desktop to work on our cell phones but since it doesn't, has anyone found a work around to be able to identify and pickup calls going to a specific ext?

Example: I need to make sure when I'm on my lunch break that I can answer incoming calls to our CEO.

I have tried:

- adding my cell phone to his user call handling, but this simply rings my phone when his rings and I can't distinguis the difference between a personal call to my cell, or a call coming in to him.

- i have the ring central app on my phone, so whenever an incoming call comes into my extension, it shows its from ring central, i want this to happen when a call comes into him.

- i setup a que - being mindful of the above ^^ i tried creating a que to ring .. and named the que CEO .. but i don't know how to trigger this que without an IVR, but i don't want users to have to deal with IVR, i just want it to ring, and me be able to pickup from my cell.

- i tried to trigger the que with call forwarding. The problem is, our numbers are currently being forwarded to ring central's parked numbers so we haven't ported them yet. therefore, when i try to forward the CEO's number to the que, it wont allow it, since the number is already a forwarded number.

Any work arounds / hacks for what I'm trying to accomplish here?

2 Answers
answered on Mar 4, 2020 at 9:02am  
I haven't found anything yet Jay. 

answered on Feb 28, 2020 at 12:35pm  
Hey Jay,

I know product is hard at working closing the gaps between the Phone app and the new Unified App. I'll dig and see if I can find any workarounds. Hopefully some of our community users have some ideas too! 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us