News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Hello, I have multiple users getting a pop up when they try to log into Ring Central --javascript error
Tags: log in
Mar 30, 2020 at 7:12am   •   19 replies  •  0 likes
conpute-service

Javascript error pop up when trying to log into Ring Central

19 Answers
answered on May 21, 2020 at 9:18am  
I just received confirmation from our product team that a fix is coming mid July. 

answered on May 20, 2020 at 1:08pm  
Can anyone confirm if they are still experiencing this issue if they use the web browser version at app.glip.com?

answered on May 14, 2020 at 11:59am  
One of my users is getting this error on a mac OSX install. Sorry for the photo, this is what I was sent. Could someone post the solution or workaround or is there an update at this stage?

answered on Apr 14, 2020 at 4:34pm  
If someone else running Windows Server could try to confirm, this error resolved for me after installing Wireless Lan Services (via Add Roles and Features), even though the machine is not on a wireless network.

answered on Apr 6, 2020 at 3:19pm  
I also have this error. I am on hold with RC tech support phone line now. 

answered on Apr 3, 2020 at 12:15pm  
Our organization was affected by this problem last Friday. We are in an RDS environment where the RC application had been working well. We opened a support ticket last week, and have done probably more testing and troubleshooting than we should have to determine what's going on. We provided this detail to support, and that ticket remains open.

Thanks to Amanda B for her suggestion to use the 20.2.1 executable directly; that is a viable workaround for us now. I urge RingCentral's devs to focus on this soon, please.

answered on Apr 2, 2020 at 1:39pm  
The excuse I got from support was it's not compatible with a Server OS.  It worked just fine with 20.2.1. 

answered on Apr 2, 2020 at 7:57am  
This is also happening to us on a virtual machine.

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 11:09am  
This is happening in our 2012 and 2016 VDI environment.  It is caused by version 20.2.2 auto updating.  version 20.2.1 is OK.  We had to uninstall 20.2.2 and push 20.2.1 with a custom json file so as to NOT auto-update.

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 10:59am  
Yes, ours are running Windows Server 2016. 

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 10:57am  
Is anyone using a VDI and experiencing this error?  

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 7:59am  
I second the motion.

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 7:45am  
This is the kind of stuff we IT service providers don't need during this global crisis.  RC please don't push out updates or changes during this!

answered on Mar 30, 2020 at 9:49am  
Same issue with many users.  No work-around ability as file is not there.

answered on Mar 30, 2020 at 8:51am  
Great work on finding a WORK-around ! Though, it's a shame these kinds of problems occur. 

answered on Mar 30, 2020 at 8:34am  
No I was unable to submit this case in the usual case portal. It was giving me an error trying to sign in. So I went here for other support.
Thanks

answered on Mar 30, 2020 at 8:43am  
RC technical support issue. Has a case been posted to RC Support? 

answered on Mar 30, 2020 at 8:45am  
We are seeing this too for version 20.2.2.  We had to go into the appdata folder and run the exe for 20.2.1 as a workaround. Hoping they get it fixed. 

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:43pm  
Aaaargh.... I was able to login at https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US and update one of my many support cases. 

The pop-up describes an error related to GLIP and an RC class. First inclination is to uninstall GLIP.

Our install base only uses RC admin, no users use any of the apps or Web apps or GLIP. Too many issues.  

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us