question

nick-marcus10947 avatar image
nick-marcus10947 asked Yad Senapathy answered

ZOOM powered meetings

It's obvious that Zoom is powering the white-labeled version called RingCentral Meetings.

I'm cool with that as I currently use and love Zoom.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. When can we expect a true Office 365 Outlook plugin (as the current one is merely a Chrome plugin)?
  2. Am I able to give my attendees the option to be called rather than dial-in?
meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hi Nick,

1) Your question is a tad vague...what exactly are you looking for? Are you using the Chrome extension or our Outlook Plugin  for Meetings?
2) The Call Me feature on Meetings should do what you're looking for :) This is not on by default, only by request - so you'll want to speak with your Account Manager regarding the full details.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-lee16504 avatar image
david-lee16504 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hi Nick, I'm from the RingCentral Product team.  Per Saadet, for "true O365 Outlook Plugin", are you aware we have 2 Outlook plugins?  One purely scheduling meetings, and another for general purpose use (dialing, checking voicemails, etc.).  Would this solve your need?  If not, please let us know.
4 comments
1 |3000

joel-waters avatar image joel-waters commented ·
David does the ring central version of zoom capable of a weinar with registration services etc like zoom? Email capture and registration? Also, can it pipe into a Facebook live just like zoom?
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Joel, 

Check out the Webinar Overview KB article here  for more information on RingCentral Webinar. As far as Facebook Live goes, I don't believe it can pipe into live just like Zoom.
0 Likes 0 ·
info15677 avatar image info15677 commented ·
Can this please be a feature request?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Ed, feel free submit a Product Idea :)
0 Likes 0 ·
jitender-kumar avatar image
jitender-kumar answered mary-community-moderator commented
7 comments
1 |3000

aleks-la-rosa11698 avatar image aleks-la-rosa11698 commented ·
When will a version of the plugin be available for Mac?
0 Likes 0 ·
When will a version of the plugin be available for Mac?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Aleks, are you referring to this plugin? Or a different one?
0 Likes 0 ·
That's the on, but it doesn't work on my Mac.  Can I use the Zoom plugin instead with RingCentral?  Their desktop app works much better for me and the plugin actually works.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Aleks, could you provide me with some more details regarding this not working on your Mac?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
dawn-sullivan avatar image
dawn-sullivan answered emery-wang commented
can you use the zoom app for ring central meetings

3 comments
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Hello Dawn! 

No, you can't.
Yes, we are powered by zoom, but we still function as 2 different companies.

I hope that helps! Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
morgenstern-medical avatar image morgenstern-medical commented ·
1. Zoom has a capability to automatically send individuals to a specific breakout room when they enter the meeting called pre-assign participants to breakout rooms. Is this capability available through ringcentral app? 2. Also, is there a way to move someone from the waiting room directly into a breakout room during a meeting?
0 Likes 0 ·
emery-wang avatar image emery-wang commented ·
Actually you can. One of my staff attends our weekly RC meeting using his Zoom app. However, I have only been successful having one attendee on Zoom at a time. Haven't been able to have multiple users on Zoom apps attend my RC meeting.
0 Likes 0 ·
kidz-hub-media-network avatar image
kidz-hub-media-network answered info15677 commented
Can I Livestream to Facebook using RingCentral?
2 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello!

This feature is not available with RingCentral. You may create a feature request regarding this so that our Product Team can check on it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Yad Senapathy avatar image
Yad Senapathy answered
1) Can I make registration required for a participant in RingCentral?
2) Can I set someone else as a co-host while SCHEDULING?
3) Can I do a virtual background without a green or flat screen in the background just as Zoom does?

I get the feeling RC is getting a left-over version of Zoom even though they are charing an extra $14.99 per seat to upgrade from essential to premium which is essentially what I would pay Zoom for their latest version. So, we are getting a stale product for a premium price, IMHO. Please clarify f I am wrong.

https://www.4PMTI.com
1 |3000

ken-montenegro avatar image
ken-montenegro answered
Strongly agree: with Zoom updating their security, the RC client seems about 2 months behind. That means some of our users are mentioning things they can do in Zoom but not in RCM. It's even worse when we updated a webinar license only to discover some of the features we wanted were only available in Zoom.
1 |3000

Yad Senapathy avatar image
Yad Senapathy answered
The worse thing is that I have spent nearly 7-8 hours over 2 weeks to clearly let them know that these are the issues I am trying to solve with RC. Rather than acknowledging that they have an outdated version, they gave me the run around making my WFM that much more stressful. Thanks, RC.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app