question

mike-ext-701 avatar image
mike-ext-701 asked joe-mao commented

ring central app 20.2.11 (E. 7.1.8) - does not have URI for TEL ?? the old phone app did

if the new ringcentral app is supposed to replace the phone app, then it needs to have the same features including the URI setup so i can click to have a phone number called when it has the TEL: url the old phone app has this, it is very weird that you don't have the same capability in this new app.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

joe-mao avatar image
joe-mao answered joe-mao commented
Hi Mike,
RC app does automatically detect the phone number in the messages and click-to-dial is coming to VM soon. Can you clarify where this is not working for you.
Thanks
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-ext-701 avatar image mike-ext-701 commented ·
i have a website that has a phone number in it.  I click the phone number and i get asked: 'Make a call from' and a list of applications are displayed.  the ring central app is NOT displayed.  The ring central PHONE is displayed.  

I have uninstalled the ring central app since it is missing both that function and the ability to have it run an application when a call comes in.  The ring central phone works and has the features that i use.  
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-ext-701 avatar image mike-ext-701 commented ·
I am talking about the windows application, not the mobile
0 Likes 0 ·
joe-mao avatar image joe-mao commented ·
thank you for the clarification.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app