News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Call Groups and Overflow
Tags: ringcentral app, call queues
Oct 23, 2019 at 6:24am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Rob Ljunggren

Is there any changes that are coming down the line where i can have my Call group set to Simultaneous ring and also have the Call Overflow on?

2 Answers
answered on Oct 25, 2019 at 10:44am  

I tried that and still will not enable the call overflow option.

answered on Oct 24, 2019 at 8:05am  

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the explanation!

1. For ringing simultaneously, have you tried to set the call queue's call handing to "Simultaneous"? If not, try it and let me know. Unfortunately, this needs to be done via the service web dashboard only (not via API call)

2. This is a bit tricky because by the system only lets you transfer unanswered calls from a call queue to a voicemail. I am thinking of a workaround solution (I have not tried this myself though) so you can try as follows:

• So e.g. you have 7 agents in a call queue. Make sure all of them should have the same call handling and forwarding rules by numbers of ringing.
  • If you expect an incoming call to ring 5 times (25 secs) before you transfer the call to the level 2 group (if no one answers), then you can set the call handling for all 7 agents to ring for 6 times.
  • Then you add an extra agent to the call queue and set the call handling for this extra agent to ring 5 times. And create a call forwarding rule to transfer the call to the level 2 group for this extra agent.

This way, the extra agent would acts as a call queue manager whose task is just to forward the call to the level 2 group.

If you have problem with trying this workaround solution, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us