News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
New RC APP does not let you ADD/Transfer contacts from RC PHone application! WHY????
Tags: ringcentral app
May 14, 2020 at 2:12pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
michael-kroul

I was told by RC support to upgrade our company from RC Phone and RC Meetings to one ap, the new RC App. I asked everyone to change but quickly found out that users cannot transfer their contacts to teh new APP. They cannot even add user manually to the new RC APP? We are a logistics company and tal to truck drivers all day. They are not going to click invite links to be added. Our employee have no way to add numbers to their contacts to quickly dial their contacts. What a mess!!! Now we all have to delete the new app and go back to RC Phone. Makes no sense to me. What is that feature not the same from RC Phone? 1. USA account, over 25 users.

1 Answer
answered on May 14, 2020 at 4:25pm  
I was also pushed to switch to the new RC App to find out that the contacts cannot be transferred. Thankfully I did not uninstall the old one and could go back to basics. I'm waiting for RC to implement the contact transfer...... Hopefully soon.....

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us