News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
automatically start new ringcentral app with windows
Tags: ringcentral app
May 14, 2020 at 9:00am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
lori-zarling

I installed the new windows desktop ringcentral app. I no longer see the option to set the app to automatically start with windows. This was available in the old classic app so I'm not sure if I'm missing it somewhere or if it was deleted. This option is very useful to have.

5 Answers
answered on Jun 12, 2020 at 8:12am  
Lori, feeling your pain! While we wait for fix, there are two ways to have Windows start an app for you.

1) Start > Settings > Apps > Startup and find the app you want, and turn it on. I expect you may see the new RC app there with a blank icon or not be there. If you see it, turn it on, restart or log out/log in, see if it works. If not....

2) Add to your profile Startup folder. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4558286/windows-10-add-an-app-to-run-automatically-at-start...

• Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.
  • Right-click the app, select More, and then select Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved. If there isn't an option for Open file location, it means the app can't run at startup.
  • With the file location open, press the Windows logo key  + R (or Start > type "run<enter>") , type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
  • Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.
That should make sure it happens whenever you log in. #glip #startup

answered on Jun 12, 2020 at 8:23am  
Thanks Mitch. Always good to know I'm not alone! I knew how to add it my startup folder and I found the exact same instruction page on Microsoft to send to staff. But not all of them feel so comfortable doing things like that and they don't always reach out to ask me to do it or help them through it. If I could just tell them to check an option in the app, I could get them all to do it and not have people forgetting to open it each day. 

answered on May 26, 2020 at 2:27pm  
where can i download the new windows desktop ringcentral app? is this the Glip that opens in a internet window? or a stand alone desktop app?

answered on May 14, 2020 at 10:43am  
Hello Lori,

This option is not available on the new RingCentral app. Our Product Team is already looking into it and will be added soon. Thank you.

answered on May 14, 2020 at 10:45am  
That's great to hear! Thanks!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us