question

lori-zarling avatar image
lori-zarling asked abluewanderer commented

automatically start new ringcentral app with windows

I installed the new windows desktop ringcentral app. I no longer see the option to set the app to automatically start with windows. This was available in the old classic app so I'm not sure if I'm missing it somewhere or if it was deleted. This option is very useful to have.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered abluewanderer commented
Hello Lori,

This option is not available on the new RingCentral app. Our Product Team is already looking into it and will be added soon. Thank you.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

abluewanderer avatar image abluewanderer commented ·
Any update? I will be wasting several hours this week helping end users fix this bug.
0 Likes 0 ·
lori-zarling answered
That's great to hear! Thanks!
1 |3000

shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered mary-community-moderator commented
where can i download the new windows desktop ringcentral app? is this the Glip that opens in a internet window? or a stand alone desktop app?
1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Shelly,

Please click here.
0 Likes 0 ·
mitch-turner avatar image
mitch-turner answered
Lori, feeling your pain! While we wait for fix, there are two ways to have Windows start an app for you.

1) Start > Settings > Apps > Startup and find the app you want, and turn it on. I expect you may see the new RC app there with a blank icon or not be there. If you see it, turn it on, restart or log out/log in, see if it works. If not....

2) Add to your profile Startup folder.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4558286/windows-10-add-an-app-to-run-automatically-at-start...

• Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.
  • Right-click the app, select More, and then select Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved. If there isn't an option for Open file location, it means the app can't run at startup.
  • With the file location open, press the Windows logo key  + R (or Start > type "run<enter>") , type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
  • Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.
That should make sure it happens whenever you log in. #glip #startup
1 |3000

lori-zarling answered mitch-turner commented
Thanks Mitch. Always good to know I'm not alone! I knew how to add it my startup folder and I found the exact same instruction page on Microsoft to send to staff. But not all of them feel so comfortable doing things like that and they don't always reach out to ask me to do it or help them through it. If I could just tell them to check an option in the app, I could get them all to do it and not have people forgetting to open it each day. 

1 comment
1 |3000

mitch-turner avatar image mitch-turner commented ·
Great! I figured it would help others as well. Also, you can probably use Group Policy to set those startup settings for everyone if you are on a Windows domain.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app