question

Nick R avatar image
Nick R asked Nick R answered

Can you set an email notification on outbound fax reception/failure using the API?

Hi!

Is this possible, using the API, to have an email notification sent on outbound fax reception or failure?

It does not look like it but maybe I am wrong.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Nick

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered Phong Vu commented

Hi,

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/1476?language=en_US

In the above article has steps to configure notifications to incoming fax. Can you check in your ring central account's notification tab and see if you have an option to configure the same for oubound fax.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This is not a solution for the original question. It is a notification for incoming fax via email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The answer is no. But you can implement an app to do that if you need.

Basically, after sending a Fax message, you can keep polling the status of that fax using the messageId until the status is no longer "Queue", then an email from your app.

1 |3000

Nick R avatar image
Nick R answered

Hi Phong!

That's actually what I had implemented using the information you had provided me with to poll their status in another post.

I just wanted to be sure I was not reinventing the wheel, I would not be doing my job properly if I was continually doing that.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys