News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
HUD on Ring Central App (Windows Desktop)
Tags: hud
Jul 10, 2020 at 6:00am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
nathan-cole
I'm training new staff for the first time in several years; and we're using the Ring Central Desktop App which is nice.  But, it doesn't have HUD.  This feature is ESSENTIAL when training telephone support staff.  Especially now that no one is in the same office with anyone else.  It's absolutely ESSENTIAL to be able to monitor who's on a call and then to "monitor" that conversation so managers can coach or take over the call.  I installed the old Ring Central Phone App along side the new one for now.  But, please add HUD to the Ring Central Desktop App.
on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:10pm   •  0 likes

Bridge Operator Console - the RC attendant console is now available for purchase directly from RC. Just dropping this link as informational for anyone looking to try it out, it literally takes 1 click to start a 30 day trial. https://reseller.bridgeoc.com/bocreseller/reply/messages/rcGetStarted.html

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:29pm   •  0 likes

Excuse me but we already pay enough. Why would I pay for a feature that is free on the current Phone APP?!

We don't need all of those features. Just a clean layout that show all employees and their phone status which is available on the Ring Central Phone app.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:35pm   •  0 likes

Why would you want to be more efficient with links like predictive transfer (AI), Park For, M365 connectivity? For most organizations human capital is the largest expense, so if they can spend $100 to save $6000 in labor that's a good thing.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:00pm   •  0 likes

Where is the HUD?

You are forcing migration off of Ring Central Phone and yet you still don't have the HUD working. this makes ZERO sense!

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:38pm   •  0 likes

Take your sales routine elsewhere. We need one free feature that used to be available and they are discontinuing the app before having the replacement functional.

I made the mistake of downloading the Bridge app 3 years ago and still get phone calls.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:40pm   •  0 likes

Strange, given we don't make sales calls. Nice try Karen. Sorry for trying to help.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:46pm   •  0 likes

@John Malone I get the frustration, but taking it out on others in this space is not acceptable.
@doug-routledge is offering an option. It might not work for you, but could for someone else.

Keep it civil in this space - and, again, connect with your account manager to defer switching from the phone app. Our team is happy to facilitate in connecting you - reach out at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Oct 9, 2020 at 4:55am   •  0 likes
on Oct 9, 2020 at 6:36am   •  0 likes

SPAM

on Oct 8, 2020 at 10:40am   •  0 likes

Is there any update on when the HUD will be added to the unified RC desktop app?

on Oct 8, 2020 at 3:39pm   •  0 likes

Eddie, no updates at this time, but we'll definitely update this thread when we get a definitive ETA.

on Jul 10, 2020 at 6:34am   •  1 likes
https://www.bridgeoc.com can provide even more functionality.
on Jul 10, 2020 at 6:21am   •  1 likes
I echo this request as well.  We depend on HUD to see who is on the phone and who is available.  It has become one of the best features for our office that RC offers and NEEDS to be part of the new app.
1 Answer
answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 7:46am  
Hi Everyone,

The HUD functionality is already on the roadmap. We'll keep you updated.

on Dec 16, 2020 at 7:35am   •  0 likes

Any update on the HUD? This is a real disappointment -- call centers and other need this. What is the completion date? We may need to change providers if we do not have this soon.

on Dec 16, 2020 at 8:30am   •  0 likes

@Mary Novak The HUD idea is already has a ticket in Idea portal and marked as planned: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-20

Maybe work is still going on.

on Dec 16, 2020 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

@Mary Novak I understand the delay is frustrating. I know they are working on this feature and expect it in Q1. We'll be sure to keep updating this thread when we have any updates.
Thanks for your patience.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 9:16am   •  1 likes

Any update on the HUD? We can't move to the unified App without it, at least confirm that the desktop phone app won't be discontinued anytime soon.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 9:20am   •  -1 likes

@karina-ibanez Please work with your Account Manager to ensure you will have access to the phone app until HUD is available.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 9:23am   •  0 likes

That doesn't answer the question. Shocking.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 9:24am   •  0 likes

@eddie-fesperman I don't have a definitive update, unfortunately.
Again, if this is a concern for your team, I would recommend reaching out to your Account Manager to ensure that you will have access to the phone app.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 9:30am   •  0 likes

Is the RC Phone (desktop) app being discontinued? I was under the impression that only GLIP was being retired.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us