News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Can't get token
Tags: authentication
Aug 5, 2020 at 6:52am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Kevin Morris

I post this:

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token

and I get this:

{

"errorCode": "AGW-404",

"message": "Resource not found",

"errors": []

}

What am I doing wrong?

(Note: I'm using both the "Try It" button in the RingCentral instructional webpage, as well as the "Postman" app. Both give the same result.

3 Answers
answered on Aug 5, 2020 at 9:50am  

The purpose is to get a token but the method is an HTTP POST request. Why you made a GET request?

answered on Aug 5, 2020 at 9:09am  

This is a major frustration I have with this site. I review the documents, see all the info, but I'm not understanding where I'm supposed to enter all these parameters, authorizations, body. I tried generating an app, to see if I could review the source code for clues, but, when I generate the app, I can't find where to view the source code. When I try out the API with the "Try it" button, it fails, unknown reason. I'm using both the RingCentral API "Try It" as well as Postman to try to simplify what I am doing. I get nothing but a "Resource not found" error message no matter what my setting are. So I post a question, and the response is always something like "Refer to the documentation". (Which I tried, can't get anywhere). So then I try to hire someone. No response other than to look at the documentation again. The documentation is complete in every detail, but it is certainly not "simple". So I'm stuck going around in circles, getting nowhere.

answered on Aug 5, 2020 at 7:10am  

What is the request header and the body of your request? You can read this dev guide to learn more about RingCentral authentication.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us