News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
I love everything about RingCentral - except the desktop app. Please keep the SoftPhone or fix the desktop app.
Tags: desktop app
Aug 24, 2020 at 1:15pm   •   1 replies  •  1 likes
Eric Olsen

I started using RingCentral two years ago when working for another business and love it. The Mobile App is great and the SoftPhone is perfect. When I started my business, I knew I would use RingCentral.

Some background. When I started at my last company, I was told I could use whatever app I wanted. I downloaded the Desktop app and started using it. It was ok but I really couldn't figure out why everyone in the company loved it so much. Eventually I asked the question and discovered everyone was using the "old" RC Phone (softphone) app. I switched and realized why they all love it so much.

Now, I just started my business and downloaded the RC Phone app but was having problems with it dropping calls. I decided to download the Desktop app to see if it was any better, hoping I could just switch over to the new app. No luck. It is worse. I tried to use it for half a day and shut it down because I disliked it that much. I would rather spend the time trying to fix the call dropping that work with that.

I understand trying to increase functionality and with functionality comes complexity. I am fine with that. But, everyone I know uses RingCentral for calls and texting and likes the address book and calendar integration. That is the basic functionality. I don't want a phone app that takes up my whole desktop - I need that space for other things 99% of the time. Why not just allow the pop-out dialer in the Desktop app to control the phone and text and stay open and on top in the desktop while the main app window is minimized. Basically, turn the pop-out into the SoftPhone and let me minimize all the rest.

Please, please, please don't retire the softphone app until the desktop app is functional for the basics.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 24, 2020 at 1:19pm  

Thanks for your feedback, Eric. We'll make sure to share this with the Product Team.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us