question

expertquote-inc avatar image
expertquote-inc asked mary-community-moderator commented

Unable to block unwanted calls - listed as outgoing calls

Our company has been receiving a lot of unwanted calls. These are listed as outgoing calls in the call log for some reason. I have added them to the blocked numbers list, but they are still coming in, and are now showing as outgoing calls from myself to my own number in the call log. Is there any way to block them?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi, you may check this KB Article on how to handle unwanted calls.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/Block-Unwanted-Calls-Telemarketers?language=en_US

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

expertquote-inc avatar image
expertquote-inc answered mary-community-moderator commented

Our number has been registered in the Do Not Call registry since 2017.

They are still able to call us because somehow they are making it seem that we are calling them instead of the other way around. As I mentioned in my original post, the calls are being logged as outgoing instead of incoming. Blocking the numbers is unsuccessful for that same reason.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

What you're experiencing seems a bit weird. Please coordinate this to our Tech Support Team so they can find out what's going on with it. You may open a case here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app