News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
iphone badges do not disappear
Tags: mobile
Apr 10, 2019 at 8:42am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
max-hepburn

the badge notifications on the Glip app for Iphone is not disappearing properly. It will constantly show I have 97 badges but when I go into the app and then leave the app it disappears. Once I get a message the previous badge count reappears at 97. Why is this not working properly?

3 Answers
answered on Sep 18, 2020 at 1:07pm  

Same issue, but my number is "5". When I wake my iPhone (current iOS, all apps updated) it always shows 5 notifications when there has been RC activity I've handled on the desktop app. When I open the phone app, I see it updating itself, I usually find no actual new/outstanding items, and if I go back to home screen, notification red dot on badge is gone. Interestingly, if the app on phone is showing the 5 in the red dot, and phone goes to sleep, then if there is RC activity the number goes up from 5 (so I'll see 6 or 8 depending on how many actions happened).

This is quite annoying, as I waste lots of time opening the RC app to see if I missed something and finding out it's just the bug.

answered on Apr 10, 2019 at 9:18am  
ahhh I see. Glad I'm not alone on this one!

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:12pm  
Hi Max, 

I'm having the same problem on my phone. It is a reported issue that's being actively investigated. If I hear anymore updates, I'll post them here :) 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us