News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RC Phone app is automatically logging out - Android
Tags: rc phone mobile app
Sep 7, 2020 at 2:47pm   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
Melissa Bordas

About 3 weeks ago, the RC Phone on my Android began automatically logging me after after a couple of hours due to inactivity. We have now had a 2nd phone in our organization which began automatically logging the user off which began last week. So far we have had no reports of iPhone automatically logging users out. Any ideas?

on Oct 5, 2020 at 11:34am   •  2 likes

It's working thanks!

on Sep 15, 2020 at 2:54pm   •  1 likes

We have had a 3rd mobile phone in our organization that started autologging off due to inactivity start last week. All 3 are Androids. Update: We found that when we do not use SSO to sign into the app, the app is no longer autologging out of the RC Phone app but unsure why. As Jenna stated above, try logging in with the direct number and password instead of SSO.

on Oct 7, 2020 at 3:29pm   •  1 likes

We have had no further auto-logouts on Android since we updated to 20.3.2.1.1.

on Oct 7, 2020 at 3:01pm   •  0 likes

Is anyone else still getting logged out? This time its after 8+ hours. I'll keep more track of time to confirm.

on Sep 30, 2020 at 12:34pm   •  1 likes

Thank you Jessica!!

on Sep 15, 2020 at 10:32am   •  0 likes

I am having this same issue with RC Phone app with my Pixel 2 XL and Android 11. It was working previously fine until yesterday and then it the missed calls and call history will go blank and get stuck on updating. It will follow with you've been logged out. Also, it seems to get stuck around 45-60 minutes if that helps.

I've uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed and its no longer kicking me out, but I also can't use any of the features of the application including dialing or messaging. It says the caller ID you selected is not available now, please try again and the messages just get stuck on sending. Also, the same issue is occurring for the missed and all calls it's just stuck on updating.

I've confirmed that the iOS application isn't effected.

It's frustrating because my company uses it for emergency on call functionality and we need it to work.

on Sep 28, 2020 at 9:04am   •  0 likes

@kevin-grube and @shawn-minisall I've escalated this, and provided the email addresses from your community profiles to Tony, the Android mobile app product manager. Please be on the look out for an email from him directly.

on Sep 25, 2020 at 10:29am   •  0 likes

@shawn-minisall and @kevin-grube, I'm working with a product manager who is escalating this to our engineering team. I'll follow up when I have some more information. Thank you for confirming that you had open cases, they'll be helpful for our engineering team to know what troubleshooting steps have already been taken.

on Sep 25, 2020 at 10:40am   •  0 likes

Here is some further info for you, not sure if it was added to the case yet. My support team opened the ticket and I am just trying to assist being the RC Admin and SSO Admin.

• This problem only exists with RC Phone on Android (version of Android does not seem to matter).
  • This issue only exists when the app has been closed out, so not running in the background.
  • The Battery exclusions article on the website https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/RingCentral-Mobile-App-Battery-Optimization?language=en_US does not fix the issue.
  • Reloading the application does not fix the issue.
on Sep 23, 2020 at 1:46pm   •  0 likes

Hi @shawn-minisall,

I would recommend you follow up with your companies IT to confirm if the SSO settings have been recently changed and causing the force sign out. There is not a known issue with Android causing force sign outs on the app.

on Sep 25, 2020 at 7:19am   •  0 likes

Hi Jessica, We too have this issue. I am the SSO admin for my company and I can confirm this is only a problem for Android and no changes have been made to our SSO environment since we became a customer earlier this year. All other devices/applications (IOS included) do not have any issues with being logged out. We know the email and address works as a workaround, but defeats the purpose of SSO. We have a case logged with support as well. The case is 11440022. Can we get some more eyes on this issue internally with RC?

on Sep 23, 2020 at 2:03pm   •  -1 likes

Hi Jessica,

Our issue has actually been escalated to Tier 3 Support.

on Sep 28, 2020 at 11:40am   •  0 likes

Just want to add to this conversation - about a week ago my RC Phone app started doing the exact same thing. I always use SSO and I also have an Android phone. It logs me out after only about 30 minutes if I don't open the app. It did not do this before. We have not made any changes to our SSO policies.

1 Answer
answered on Sep 30, 2020 at 8:55am  

Our product team was able to reproduce this issue and released a patch to fix this today. Please ensure you are on version 20.3.2 and you should be all set!

answered on Sep 23, 2020 at 2:03pm  

Hi Jessica,

Our issue has actually been escalated to Tier 3 Support.

thx

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us