News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Presence Option to Display Number Coworkers Are On The Line With
Tags: presence, presence
Oct 19, 2020 at 1:11pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Jack Guimon

Hello,

Part of my duties are handling the phone for my office, and it would be great to see who/what number my coworkers are on the line with, not just that they're busy, in the instance, two coworkers are on the phone together, but a client needs to speak with either, and the coworker would like me to interrupt/transfer the call. Right now, I can't tell who coworkers are on the line with.

Thanks!

1 Answer
answered on Oct 20, 2020 at 7:34am  

Basically, you can use the Telephony Session Event notification to detect your co-workers active calls. You can also poll (not recommended) by calling the Get User Active Calls and parse the call info to identify who are the call parties (e.g. by the phone number).

Then you can use the Call Control to forward an incoming call to your co-worker.

These blogs give you better understanding about the usages of telephony session event notification and call control APIs

https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/ringcentral-telephony-session-events-notifications-98b3f8d29745

https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/building-a-real-time-call-report-app-3eee247a141d

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us