News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Desktop app for MacOS doesn't show my contacts
Tags: mac, contacts
Oct 20, 2020 at 10:57am   •   2 replies  •  2 likes
Graham King

I'm using the desktop app (Version: 20.4.10.284 Web, 20.4.10.2510 Mac) with MacOS 10.15.6.

None of my contacts' names are showing in the app. All I see is phone numbers and "unknown caller".

My contacts are on my Mac in iCloud. Names show up just fine in iOS.

2 Answers
answered on Nov 17, 2020 at 10:08am  

@shannon - I COMPLETELY agree and it's such a joke that RingCentral doesn't listen to their customers and flat out lies to us - We were told on the previous thread that you mentioned "Sync Personal Contacts in Ring Central App (Glip)" (which has since been deleted) that this would be completed in the 3rd quarter of 2020, after being pushed back numerous times.

The fact that they not only deleted that thread, but that they still refuse to provide us with an update years later is incomprehensible. This is a CORE functionality of the product, and other providers like DialPad and Nextiva are going to have a mass exodus of users from RingCentral, as this is just NUTS!!

answered on Nov 17, 2020 at 11:45am  

@Graham King There are plenty of alternatives, so I'm waiting until I've got a week at the in-laws' over Thanksgiving to dig in and finally make the switch. It's going to feel so good. Here's what's on the docket for consideration:

• Vonage
  • Ringblaze
  • GrassHopper
  • Nextiva
  • 8×8
  • GoToConnect
  • Dialpad
  • Mitel
  • Intermedia
  • Ooma
  • Jive PBX
  • 3CX

answered on Oct 22, 2020 at 8:12am  

Hello @Graham King, apologies! It will only be available for mobile apps. I would highly suggest posting HERE for feature requests, and I will also share this with our Product Managers. Thank you!

on Nov 9, 2020 at 11:06am   •  0 likes

Wow, thanks for letting me know Shannon. All of RingCentral's software leaves a lot to be desired. I'm looking at switching to Vonage. What alternatives are you considering?

on Nov 7, 2020 at 7:34pm   •  2 likes

This had previously been a posted feature request entitled "Sync Personal Contacts in Ring Central App (Glip)" with HUNDREDS of votes and comments from irate customers who had waited for RC to implement this basic functionality for more than THREE YEARS. At one point an RC rep told us it would be done in early 2020. So much for that. I felt like our business was too entrenched with RC to leave at the time while other customers were saying they were done. However, the disappearance of the original that I was supposedly "in the works" is the final nail in the coffin for us. RC has shown a total disregard for customer needs and excludes basic functionality from its app. We've stayed too long. Time to cut our losses.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us