News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Auto Schedule Debrief Call as a Follow-up Meeting to a Meeting as Original Meeting Ends
Tags: video, video
Oct 22, 2020 at 8:26am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Jim Koenig

Here is a feature that I would love to see. The Why: When a meeting ends, many times you need to grab a few key people and do an immediate debrief meeting or debrief call (no video). Yes as host I could wait til certain people hopped off and say, the following people hang on, but occasionally you want that to be anonymous. I could go to my personal room, invite people, and send, but there should be a WAY easier method.
For example: During the main meeting creation, a check box "Schedule Follow-Up Call for Debrief". You can set as phone call or video meeting. Either pre-invite people to it to block time, or option to wait and see attendees list. Many times people get invited or don't make meetings.
You host the meeting, it has video, recording, customers, etc. You want to end the meeting and cease all recording and then immediately flip to the follow-up meeting with restricted attendees.
When I hit "end meeting", if pre-scheduled, a new meeting immediately launches with just the people I selected. Or if not pre-scheduled, I get a prompt saying "Schedule Follow-Up Call" and it shows me the list of attendees and no-shows. I can click names or add emails, pick a time, immediate or delayed for pottie break, and then hit schedule and it just happens. This would be instead of me going and scheduling a who new meeting, retyping the subject, adding people, remembering who was in the first one, etc. Should be a way easier method to schedule a follow-up call or meeting to a meeting

1 Answer
answered on Oct 22, 2020 at 12:37pm  

Hello @Jim Koenig, thanks for this idea, this will help a lot of clients like you. I would highly suggest posting it in our idea hub (click HERE), and I will share this with our Product Managers. Thank you!

on Oct 22, 2020 at 1:41pm   •  0 likes

Thanks Jenn, i added it to the hub too

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us