News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Day IVR, Custom Rules, and Holidays
Tags: day ivr
Oct 15, 2020 at 9:18am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Jeff Findley

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Main Day IVR so it just rings an extension. In this case a call queue. No IVR.

Main Night IVR is an IVR and works fine.

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to set up a Custom Rule that basically skips the Main Day IVR. I did this and calls are currently being routed directly to the correct extension/call queue during daytime hours.

However, since I set up a Custom Rule to do this I now have no way to create rules for holidays. I can only do it manually right at or close to the time of the holiday.

What I really want is a way to have the Day IVR just go to an extension like you can with the Night IVR. I'm not sure why this isn't an available choice. Seems like an oversight to me.

If anyone has any suggestions or someplace else I should post this please let me know.

Thanks,

JF

2 Answers
answered on Jan 1, 2021 at 6:45am  

Did I mention how irritating it is to log in to the system, click on support, try to add a case, and have the POS tell me I am not logged in? It's not the system that you will grow to hate, it is the frustration of trying to get it to do anything outside of its presets. And always having to be on the phone with people who REALLY DON'T KNOW what they are doing. They are the masters of making a five minute solution an all-day problem.

answered on Jan 1, 2021 at 6:43am  

See Jeff...this is my problem with them too. You can't get ANYTHING from them except an excuse to call them, then try it. See if you can actually reach them when you need it. EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAY, our IVR menus fail to switch over. Every single holiday, I have to spend it with RingCentral instead of my family fixing this stupid problem. Every single holiday, I wish I was using something else. Wouldn't it be nice if the instructions for holiday IVR were someplace locatable and not outdated like most of the information on the support site?

answered on Oct 15, 2020 at 1:40pm  

Hello @Jeff Findley, I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will help you configuring your IVR settings. Thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us