News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ability to create custom roles and give certain users or managers access only to call recordings within a specific group or department
Tags: admin portal
Jan 3, 2019 at 7:24am   •   3 replies  •  2 likes
logarta

Hi,I noticed that group managers are unable to listen to recorded calls of their team members unless they are part of a group that has been granted with the "Full Company Call Log" permission. The problem with this is that, giving users this permission means they are able to see everyone in the company's call log. We do not want them to see everyone's call log. Is there any way we could allow our group managers to listen to recorded calls without giving them full company log access?

3 Answers
answered on Oct 11, 2022 at 11:19pm  

@logarta , @lee2 , @Mario Skopek
I think this is what you are talking about. If it is, please Vote for it.
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-6046

answered on Oct 26, 2020 at 5:06pm  

Has this been resolved? I need our sales people to review each other's recordings for training purposes but not have access to recording of roles above them. Is there a workaround?

on Oct 28, 2020 at 1:49pm   •  0 likes

Hello @Mario Skopek! Apologies, there is no workaround for this. However, I would highly appreciate post this to our idea hud for our feature request. Please click HERE to post it. Thank you!

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:02pm  
Logarta, With you 100% on this. It cannot come soon enough. There are other threads about it too. I now have people that cannot do their job without having the access, checking the call logs of other departments, people, etc.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us